What is Vcruntime140_1.dll?
Vcruntime140_1.dll is a Dynamic link library file or DLL. It is essential system file of the window OS. It is also generally called as the Microsoft Runtime library file. Actually, it is a very vital file to make windows applications function rightly. So, whenever it is not loading or not accessible, the applications prevent running and shown an error message on display.
How to fix VCRunTime.dll missing error
- Re-install affected program
When the application you download is not rightly installed, you are likely to face this problem. It can even happen if you download the app from a bad source. This makes the program negatively flagged by the anti-virus. For this, it is vital to uninstall the program and reinstall it again from a real source. It helps to fix the corruption by refreshing the affected DLL files.
- Reinstall visual C++ Redistributable
If the repair does not resolve the problem, you can reinstall Microsoft Visual C++. The VCRUNTIME140.dll is rooted in the Visual C++ Visual studio redistributable.
To uninstall he program and reinstall it, use the following steps:
- First, download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UDPATE 3rc from Microsoft official website.
- Ensure to download the right window version
- Open start> Setting> App> Features & Apps and search visual C++ in the search field.
- Click the 3 dot key and pick Uninstall from the menu
- The program will appear – Click uninstall
- After setup is done, close out of the window.
- Now, open the folder having the Microsoft Visual C++ file you download and twin click to run it.
- Agree to the EULA and install the program the on-display wizard. When it completes, click the close key to exit the installer.
- Run system file checker
Run system file checker to view if the system does not have outdated/corrupted/destroyed files.
- Use windows search to find comm. And prompt
- Right click on it and pick Run as administrator
- Then, type sfc/scannow command, click on Enter to execute it.
- Run a PC repair tool
Destroyed DLL files can be outcome of installing and reinstalling programs continually. Some files get overwritten a few times and damaged like this. This causes issues with those particular applications when the program needs older editions of the DLL to run, but it is overwritten with the latest version. The program begins showing error and issues or even crash, so you cannot run wanted applications.
Tools like Reimage can change damaged or missing DLL files with fresh ones, clean and update such data to fix issues. This PC repair program can change DLL files and fixed the dll is a missing issue on Windows machines. Many files may cause issues for you without or even knowing about the problem. The right system scan can point out damage or missing data and repair those, so the windows run as supposed to. There are many dll problems that people continually complain about: WDSUTIL.dll, Api-mswin-cr-runtime 11-1-0.dll, XPSSVCS.DLL.